I was nominated for the Liebster Award and was not really sure what it was all about. It turns out that the person who nominated me Gil Shalev has set me 11 questions which I will answer here in my blog. I am also meant to nominate my favourite blogs (they have to have less than 200 followers) for the award and set them 11 questions. So without further hesitation here is my set questions and my answers:
1) Is there a genre you do not like reading?
I have an aversion to reading crime novels. I have taken part in a couple of writing courses and almost every other participant wanted to be the next Agatha Christie and to me it holds no fascination.
2) What strongly held beliefs did you have in the past but no longer do now?
I used to believe that if you wanted to get ahead in a career that you had to work really hard but after working in the same profession for eight years I have come to see that it is not what you do or what you know but who you know. Nepotism and the old boys network are alive and flourishing in my neck of the woods.
3) If you could choose what you’ll be in your next life (human is not an option for that matter) what would you be?
In my next life I would be a bird. Being able to fly and travel to far off lands and see everything from a totally different perspective than we humans can would be a joy.
4) Where would you spend a year if given the time to explore?
I am Scottish and am ashamed to say that I have seen very little of Scotland. I think it would be my first priority to visit as many places of historical significance as I possibly could. I think this stems from my years studying for my degree in history.
5) What do you consider the most important lesson life has taught you?
I think the most important thing I have learned from life is that if you don’t open up your heart to experiences and getting hurt then you will never truly recieve love.
6) What is the best adaptation of a novel into a film?
This would be a coin toss between Alice Walker’s The Colour Purple and Last of the Mohicans written by James Fenimore Cooper.
7) Who is the funniest person on earth?
Billy Connolly was hilarious when he was younger but has lost his edge with age. I think nowadays I would say that I like the humour of Frankie Boyle.
8) What is your favourite swearword?
9) Al Pacino or Robert De Niro?
A young Al Pacino in his Serpico days.
10) Who is your hero/heroine?
Any paralympian from the 2012 paralympics.
11) What household chore do you like the least?
My questions for my nominees are:
1) When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2) If you could have one wish for the earth – what would it be?
3) If there was one song that could define you – which would it be?
4) Would you rather live without Love or Money?
5) Which book has made the most impact on your life?
6) What one skill would you like to have but don’t?
7) The Muppets or Sesame Street?
8) Aliens or Predators?
9) Anarchy or Order?
10) Which song was number one in the charts on the day of your birth?
11) Is there one invention you think the world could live without?
The blogs I have chosen to nominate are:
Chic Pinay – chicpinay.wordpress.com